Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
Veteran marketer needed to grow InsurTech startup
We’re looking for an agile, experienced marketer to join our leadership team in a critical position for shaping strategy and driving results. Layr is helping entrepreneurs and small business owners conquer business insurance in a few clicks, and providing larger partners with full solutions for outsourcing their SMB client services. Companies throughout the country are discovering the joy of becoming a Layr customer. Your task: leverage that joy to scale the business in a $120B undersold market.
We are a startup doing something cool with insurance. You’ll fit right in if...
- A marketing leader with 8+ years of relevant marketing experience, including management of teams
- Bonus Points: Marketing experience in regulated industries, or at a tech startup.
- Naturally KPI driven, with the ability to make data-driven decisions to support the KPIs.
- Analytically minded.
- Customer Focused.
- Able to “roll up” your sleeves to dig into details, work alongside your team, and enjoy the hands-on dynamic of an insurtech startup.
- A highly curious individual who will stop at nothing to understand our customers, drive growth, and embrace improving our company.
- A natural storyteller and brand builder.
- Able to demonstrate a verifiable track record of success developing, implementing, and managing go-to-market plans.
- Approach the job with a CMO-mindset.
- Effectively present to senior leadership, including BOD.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the company's marketing strategy.
- Adapt yourself and motivate your team in a fast-paced environment:
- Results-focused, "test and learn" mentality
- Maintain exceptional organization
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Maintain a customer-first perspective.
- Collaborate with the other Layr teams to drive cross-functional results.
- Successfully develop and manage marketing for two distinct sales channels:
- Direct to Customer (DTC)
- B2B through Channel Partners
- Bring a balanced mix of strategic and technical skills to establish deep market insights
- Develop and own product positioning, segmentation, messaging, and value propositions that differentiate Layr’s solution in the market
- Continuously monitor the market and assess the competition to gain a deep understanding of technology shifts
- Collaborate with the dedicated partnerships team to successfully convert and onboard channel partners
- Present marketing's role and value to potential partners during the sales process.
- Implement partner-specific marketing deliverables, such as branded microsites and comms.
- Manage tactical marketing outputs, including compelling copy, editorial calendars, monitoring paid digital advertising platforms, PR, brand standards, and events.
- Startup Culture
- Shaping the future of a company
- Leading a team
- Driving results
- Working with technology
Layr is a venture-backed insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage business insurance. We create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with a delightful, modern, and familiar user experience. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary - Our compensation packages are pre-budgeted and based on a continued analysis of fair market rates.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - We offer health, dental, and vision insurance with Layr paying 99% of employee and 50% of dependent premiums.
- Grow Together - Interested in accelerating your professional growth? We'll help fund that online course you've had your eye on.
- Flexible Vacation - Follow through on commitments to your teammates and Layr customers and enjoy generous vacation time.
Research has shown that implicit bias plays a role in whether or not individuals are given a fair chance to pursue careers at companies of all sizes. For example, uncontrollable things like a person's name can impact whether or not they are given a chance to even interview.
In an attempt to minimize opportunities for implicit bias to affect our hiring process, we ask everyone applying for an open role at Layr to do so anonymously. Please remove any personally identifiable information from your resume including your name, email address, and home address when applying below.