Back End Engineer
Back End Engineer (Laravel)
Layr is a venture-backed insurtech startup focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses purchase and manage business insurance. We create technology to make inefficient insurance-related processes like quoting and underwriting light years faster while delivering customers with a delightful, modern, and familiar user experience. We are also an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse team. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Been building scalable and performant Laravel applications professionally for 3+ years
- A strong grasp of the Laravel ecosystem, feature set, and best practices
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience. Self-taught engineers are welcome.
- A deep understanding of back end architectures and designing/implementing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity of securing RESTful APIs using JSON Web Tokens
- Strong coding fundamentals and a demonstrable track record of high-quality engineering
- Fluency in PHP 7.0+
- An understanding of implementing unit and feature tests for new features
- A working knowledge of using a local Dockerized application
- Research and establish team-wide best practices.
- Participate in strategic technical discussions and make recommendations with respect to architecture, security, scalability, and user experience.
- Learn new programming languages, frameworks, and concepts on your own and adapt to rapidly changing technical landscapes.
- Communicate and document technical designs and requirements.
- Explain complex technical concepts to designers, product managers, and management.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary: Our compensation packages are pre-budgeted and based on continued analysis of fair market rates.
- Medical, Dental, Vision: We offer health, dental, and vision insurance with Layr paying 99% of employee and 50% of dependent premiums.
- Grow Together: Interested in accelerating your professional growth? We'll help fund that online course you've had your eye on.
- Flexible Vacation: Follow through on commitments to your teammates and Layr customers and enjoy generous vacation time.